Low Volume Production (LVP)
- The Protool Plastics Group specialise in low volume injection moulding production projects.
- Aluminium tooling can be used for the life of the product or as a bridge into high volume tooling.
- Highly complex designs can be produced using hand loaded inserts for side holes, internal undercuts, threads etc..
- Tooling grade Aluminium can deliver SPI-A1 gloss polishes as well as EDM (spark erosion) & acid etch grains.
- Tool life depending upon polymer selection and component complexity. Please use the following as a guide line: – PP, PE, TPE up to 30,000 shots – ABS, PC, PMMA, PS up to 20,000 shots – PA6, PA66, POM, PET up to 15,000 shots – PA6GF, PA66GF, PPGF up to 10,000 shots – PBT, PEEK & other heavily filled materials up to 3,000 shots.
- Full ISIR and tuning possible with excellent shot to shot repeatability, typically achieving 1.33 CpK on critical dimensions.
- Automotive PPAP documentation service available.
- Suitable for all markets we currently manufacture LVP parts for some of the Worlds best known brands.
Low Volume Production Tooling
- Rapid cut aluminium tools delivering moulded parts between 12 and 25 working days.
- Product design Failure Mode Analysis (FMA) ensuring all parts are designed for maximum tool life.
- All tools made in the UK with our group company Protool Manufacturing.