Further enhancing our reputation in the World Lighting Sector The Protool Plastics Group was involved from design to production parts on a new injection moulded LED spotlight range.
Our customer is one of the World’s leading lighting manufacturers.
Early involvement allowed us to advise on the design of the injection moulded clam shells including snap fits clips and surface finish.
Each stage of design was critiqued alongside the design team at the OEM.
Tooling was manufactured by our in group toolmaker Protool Manufacturing in with T1 parts in 10 weeks with fully approved parts soon after in 12 weeks.
Production mouldings were produced in our Fareham facility in January 2014 and the product is now on the market.
The full product specification is shown below.
• 36W LED spotlight
• High light output and efficiency up to 2,832lm (luminaire output on 4,000K version) and 79lm/W (total system efficiency)
• Unique passive LED heatsink design optimises thermal management allowing maximum performance, lumen maintenance and colour stability throughout the life of the product
• Available in Warm white (3,000K) and Neutral white (4,000K)
• Long life: 50,000 hours to L70
• LED binning of 3 MacAdam ellipses ensures colour consistency across your lighting scheme
• Incorporating the latest COB design for best beam quality
• LED technology provides energy efficient solutions and reduced maintenance costs
• 80CRI minimum – Higher CRI available upon request
• No UV or IR radiation
• Instant light