Due to continued expansion of The Protool Plastics Group we are looking to recruit an Injection Moulding & Tooling Project Engineer.
Reporting to the Group Managing Director, the role will be office based in Manchester but will cover projects for both sites.
There will be UK travel to customers and also Protool Plastics Group (Fareham).
On occasion there may be travel to the Far East.
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO TIME SERVED TOOLMAKERS LOOKING FOR THE FIRST PROJECT ROLE AND AS SUCH SUPPORT WOULD BE GIVEN.
The role will involve working with the Group Managing Director to prepare quotes for injection moulding and tooling projects.
- Tooling quotes.
- Polymer quotes.
- Technical solutions and DFM feedback to customers.
- Although the role will not initially involve commercial aspects this would be part of career progression.
New Product Introduction
Once customer orders have been received the role will be to deliver the project successfully into production.
- Detailed product design failure mode analysis, checking split lines, feed positions, ejection, draft and ensure all aspects meet customer expectations.
- Ensure that where customer designs will cause potential moulding defects such as sink marks and weld lines that this is documented and signed off by customer.
- Manage toolmaker progress and submit weekly timing plans and update reports weekly.
- Arrange material, masterbatch and bought out parts for T1, T2 and T3 trials
- Prepare tool trial Works Orders and liaise with Production Manager regarding scheduling of trials.
- Prepare material specification sheets, cycle time expectations, shot weights etc… & monitor trials for product conformance to requirements.
- Work with Quality Engineer to prepare ISIR, Capability data and assist where applicable in the generation of product specification sheets.
- Manage customer modifications.
- Ensure all quoted targets are met or if not look for cost savings in other areas to maintain margin.
We will not accept CV’s or applications via recruitment agencies, without exception.